Thank you for visiting the website of Kentucky Citizens and Families for Reform!
Kentucky Citizens and Families for Reform (KYCFR) is a state-wide, non-profit volunteer organization devoted to promoting a more rational and effective criminal justice system. We advocate for common sense and evidence based sexual offense policies through education, litigation, and legislation.
Goals of Kentucky Citizens and Families for Reform
- Promote limiting registry access to law enforcement agencies only
- Support terminating registry requirements upon completion of a court ordered sentence or upon demonstration of low risk for re-offense;
- Seek laws that empower judges to impose registration requirements on a case-by-case basis rather than applying the same requirements to all offenders.
- Advocate for a risk-based registry system rather than an offense based registry system.
- Remove residency and proximity restrictions that are not evidence based and do not promote public safety, but instead ostracize entire families.
Use our Contact Us page to tell us what we’re doing right or what we can improve on.